Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I have met a vampire...And he works at my local Kaiser

I had this past Monday off work (to recover from our horrible camping trip). We decided to get some of my blood work done that day and to also do my test for Diabetes. I was under the assumption that I would go, give blood, drink the nasty liquid, be on my way and come back in 2 hours...boy was I wrong. I had to stay at the hospital for the 2 hours. So we sat around, read magazines, i went to the bathroom about 8 times"(thanks to the 2 bottles of water and 75 grams of sugar water i had to drink) then it was my time to give more blood. In I went and the vampire took another 2 things of blood and we were off.

Now I just have to wait to take the Provera...

What is Provera you ask....

Provera is derived from the female hormone progesterone. You may be given Provera if your menstrual periods have stopped or a female hormone imbalance is causing your uterus to bleed abnormally. Provera is also prescribed to prevent abnormal growth of the uterine lining in women taking estrogen replacement therapy.


Then I can have my HSG

What is an HSG you ask

A hysterosalpingogram, or HSG is an important test of female fertility potential.

The HSG test is a radiology procedure usually done in the radiology department of a hospital (or outpatient radiology facility). Radiographic contrast (dye) is injected into the uterine cavity through the vagina and cervix. The uterine cavity fills with dye and if the fallopian tubes are open the dye will fill the tubes and spill into the abdominal cavity.

This determines if the fallopian tubes are open or blocked and whether the blockage is located at the junction of the tube and uterus (proximal) or whether it is at the other end of the fallopian tube (distal). These are the areas where the tube is most commonly blocked. Very successful treatment for tubal factor infertility is available.

No comments:

Post a Comment