Saturday, April 25, 2009

Long week

What a long week it was for me. It was Week of the Young Child and my work ( im a preschool teacher) celebrated with various activities through out the week ( petting zoo, face painting etc). Im glad the week is over. I currently have 4 co workers who are pregnant and yesterday I sat with one who let me feel her belly all over as the little one in her tummy kicked and moved about. It was excited and sad at the same time, knowing how bad C and I want that for us, soon hopefully!

However, last week we got a chance to meet up with D to talk more about the donor situation. We invited him over for dinner and then went to grab Starbucks (Yummy, however I dont drink coffee). It was a great visit and we are just waiting to hear from him again, its hard not to call and ask if he has talked to his G.F yet.

On our end I have a Dr. apt the beginning  of June to get things kick started. C has really taken to the whole mommy idea. She has found a book online she wants to get and was really upset when we went to Borders due to the fact that they had NO books on lesbian or gay parenting. There is a book store on Castro in the city that only carries books about lesbian and gay issues, like parenting. We may have to go look there soon...

On Agenda.
-Wait to hear back from D ( we need things to pass the time for this. Hopefully the weather gets better so we can start going for walks)
-Find more lesbian parenting books to buy
-Go to my Dr. apt in June

No comments:

Post a Comment