Sunday, April 25, 2010

PCOS and a pregnancy (not mine)

I knew it all along. When we first met our last RE, I knew deep down I had PCOS. I am still unsure as to why I never pressed the issue with the first RE. 

We went to meet with our new RE, Dr. D last Thursday and right off the bat he said I have PCOS. I told him that was what I assumed and that I KNOW that I dont have to have cysts on insulin resistance to have PCOS. At times what he was telling C and I made it sound like we would never conceive but at some points he made it sounds like it would all be alright. The plan is to lose 10-15 pounds and go back in July. He said that we would up the dose of Clomid to about 250mg a day and take it longer then just 5 days. He said to keep taking my Metformin and we would see where we are at in July. 

The day before our Dr's appointment C and I got a text message from my SIL saying that she is pregnant. I was at work getting ready for a meeting and I had to leave the room. I lost it and broke down crying. When I got home on Wednesday C and I cried. We stopped crying, had dinner, cried, C took a shower and cried. We were not so much mad at my SIL for being pregnant but were sad at the fact that it is not us. My heart still hurts a bit to think about it.

We will see what the next few months bring. 

On a happy note, last night I took the full 1700mg of Metformin and was fine!!! Horah! 

3 comments:

  1. My close childhood friend has PCOS. It took her 5 years, but they did manage to get pregnant...and are now expecting #2...
    She was told she'd never conceive b/c of the PCOS. but they were wrong...she just never gave up, and neither should you guys. It WILL happen... and all this work and tears will just make that moment even sweeter...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hard. My sister is pregnant, and I can barely speak to her. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it doesn't take 5 years, because honestly, I dont think I would try for that long.

    ReplyDelete