Thursday, December 23, 2010

Its time..

On Sunday night I told C that my plan had been to wait until Wednesday to test here at home and then get a beta done. Well I realized that IF AF was on her way, the progesterone was stopping her a bit and she would be late any way. So I said " Im going to test Monday morning and see what happens"..

Monday Morning
I get up out of bed, one eye open and grab the pee stick. I stumble into the bathroom, pee on it and set it on the back part of the counter and start my timer. I proceed to wash my face, do my hair and then look down at the timer. O its been 3 1/2 mins, I can look. Before I looked at the stick I braced my self for what I was so accustomed to, nothing. I took a few deep breathes and grabbed the stick.....

2.PINK.LINES.HOLY.SHIT.IM.PREGNANT!

I started to shake and cry. Who knew that a second pink line could do all that to a person. Who knew that the second pink line would make me feel like I never had before. I had no idea what to do. So I run to the room pick up the phone and call C. The convo went like this.

" Hi baby what are you doing?" Mind you I sound like im crying
"Nothing just throwing some stuff away"
"Umm..baby...we did it"
"What?"
"Im pregnant!"
"NICE!!!" She said something after that but for the life of me I can not remember.

So on my lunch on Monday I went in to have the blood work done. They were supposed to do an inital test and if it came back positive ( which it did) they were to run to get #'s. They didnt. So I had to go in on Wednesday for MORE blood work and got the numbers this morning.

319 baby! RN said numbers look great and I got the run down of what I can eat and drink. No tap water, no king swordfish, only some tuna and all the meat I want. (Yuck!) I go in tomorrow for another beta and get results on Monday. Also we should have our first ultrasound on either Thursday or Friday to hopefully see the baby bears heartbeat. We are still in disbelief.

** To My In real life friends. Please please please please please do not say anything on FB. You may text me if youd like. We are not out of the woods yet and will not be telling everyone until late Feb. Thanks!**

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best Christmas present ever!!! OMG, I am all weepy and so, so excited for you! Merry Christmas, ladies. And congratulations, let the fun begin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big Big Big Big hugs all around. I am so happy for you. All sorts of prayers to get you though these next couple months!!

    ReplyDelete