Friday, January 7, 2011

Our first u/s

Of course I was nervous. Who wouldn't be? After all we have gone through to be at that moment, that threshold of emotions was bound to burst.

As we enter the clinic and walked to the counter, it still felt unreal. It felt as if we were there for another mid cycle u/s but when the man behind the counter said "Alright that will be $5" I said " Excuse me did you just say $5?!" to which he replied "Yup, prenatal appointment, Your pregnant right?" I started to get all flustered and said " yes, yes I am" It still feels like im lying to people when I say im pregnant. So we pay and sit down for what felt like forever, in reality I believe it was only a few moments.

We go into the room and i undress and C and I are all smiles and kisses. Talking about this, that and the other just to pass the time. The knock at the door felt like my heart had been jump started by jump jumper cables attached to a big rig. Here we were, the moment of truth. Our nurse comes in and asks how we are etc etc. I lay down on the table and the lights turn off. I reach for C's hand to squeeze, she squeezes back. I feel like after all we have been thorough those hand squeezes are me telling her "I am so scared" and her telling me "Its okay, I am to". So we start and I immediately see the sac as she gets the camera situated. I see the sac, the beautiful sac that holds our baby. Our small grain of rice, itsy bitsy tiny little baby. She looks and right there, right at the very top. There it is. No visible heartbeat yet, which she said was normal for how far along I was at that point (6w1d) She reassured that its normal and she see's it most of the time. For us not to worry because she's not. She pokes around a bit and see's what she believed was the fetal pole. Then did some more poking around to check for "others" (C was so scared there would be 2!) and we were done. She printed out our picture and we were beaming. She said to schedule another apt for next week (Jan 10) and then we could get everything squared away, such as EDD etc.

So without further ado, Sweet Pea. It is small but our entire world nonetheless =)

1 comment:

  1. I am all teary...I remember that first u/s, that little blob of joy. Awwww, happiness and butterflies. Welcome to the interwebs, Sweet Pea!

    ReplyDelete