Friday, January 14, 2011

Something bigger then me

I am an adamant reader of Kelly Hamptons blog. Almost a year ago her second child Nella, was born into this world and has forever changed the lives of her family. Nella was born with Downs Syndrome and has taught her mother what it means to love. Please visit KellyHampton.com and consider donating even just $5 to Nella's ONEder Fund!

Below video was taken from Kellyhampton.com



________________________
Update on Us...

We had our second u/s this past Monday and all looked amazing!


and then last night happened..

C left for work before 1am and I was in bed. Not long after she left I had 1 cramp and then it stopped. I thought nothing and turned to get comfortable in bed and I felt a gush. I assumed that it was from my progesterone supps but this time it felt like more. I got up from bed and headed to the bathroom only to see blood dripping down my leg. I got into the bathroom and freaked out, there was blood everywhere. On my legs, my thighs. I kept repeating " no no no no no o god no no no please no" I semi cleaned up as best I could and realized I was shaking. I tried to get ahold of C with no luck. I headed to the ER with my mother who drove as I continued to try to call C. When I got ahold of her she was already telling work that she had to go and she was telling me " baby im on my way. Im coming ill be there as soon as I can" Part of me wanted to cry, worrying about Sweet Pea and worried about C being careful as she drove to me.
As I got to the ER I explained what was going on and they took me right back. I had no cramping and no pain either. The Dr came in and gave me a pelvic exam to check my cervix, which was closed. She said she didn't see anymore blood just a small clot. About this time C arrived and stayed with me the whole time, holding my hand. We had an external ultrasound ( wow the external sucks as compared to the internal) and showed our amazing baby and its heartbeat beating away. Dr said she could see the fetal pole and all looked well. I was discharged and brought home.
Im not sure I have ever been so scared. I knew that if we were loosing Sweet Pea that there was nothing anyone could do. My heart and body hurt so bad not knowing if our baby was ok. It was such a relief to see the h/b.
After coming home I took a shower and ate a PB&J sandwich to help with the m/s ive been having. About 6am I woke up and headed to the bathroom and threw up for about 5-10 mins. I thought it was never going to end. I finally headed back to bed and slept until 10ish. C got up about 12 and heated up a piece of pizza for me since I was hungry. Not 2 minutes after eating said pizza, it all came back up. I am miserable needless to say and cant hold much down. C was great and stayed with me and then went shopping for some bland foods, crackers, jello, applesause etc. Im hoping the flu goes away...In the meantime I rest for me and Sweet Pea and try to drink enough.

1 comment:

  1. OMG how scary! Maybe just a subchorionic hemmorhage? I can't spell, sorry. They didn't see anything? Eep. Can you follow up with your RE? To do an internal u/s? I am so glad Sweet Pea is doing okay. Hope the flu went away quickly, too :)

    ReplyDelete