Thursday, August 13, 2009

HSG

When I called the RE on Monday to schedule my HSG she told me that as long as I was not having a heavy flow on the day of my HSG they would do it.

So C and I go in yesterday and I go to have it done. The Dr. who did the procedure did not explain any thing to me, I had no idea what was going on and when I asked the nurse she said " He is getting you ready", They then called in another Dr to take the x-rays and I was still not informed of what or when they were doing. They injected the dye without telling me and I flinched from the cramping. The catheter came out at the Dr said we would need to reschedule because there was still blood in my uterus. After I get off of the table the Dr looks at me and says " Well i hope you didn't pay to much for this" to which I reply " yes I did, it was almost $200!" I got a refund at the end. DW and i talked on the way home and she expressed that she was unsure as to why I needed one done in the first place. We read that HSG's are usually a common things for women undergoing fertility treatment to rule out complication in the uterus and tubes or women who have had miscarriages. We personally dont feel that it is necessary for us at this time and e-mailed our Dr last night.

When our Dr emailed back he said that it was not necessary and that we could speak more at our follow up apt.


I am relieved at this point but still know that it may be looming again in the future..and it hurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment