Sunday, January 3, 2010

Bad Blogger-Baseline Scans

So in the last post I said that we had our first baseline scan scheduled-here is how it went

CD 3 1st Baseline Scan
     Despite bleeding and thinking it was well gross, the baseline scan went well. No cysts and my lining was thick and to the dr's liking. She had said in thebegining that if everything looked okay we would start the Clomid and Metformin. She didn't really say when she was done that we could start the meds or not she just said to meet her in the hallway when I was doe getting dressed. To our surprise she said to start both the Clomid and Metformin that day! We were elated! We also scheduled a follow up baseline scan on CD 12 to see how things were going.

CD 12- 2nd Baseline Scan
     The Dr whom we saw for our first scan was not the same one that we had for our second. The Dr we saw I hated. He basically said nothing was growing and that was it. He scheduled ANOTHER follow up Baseline 5 days later on Monday and we were off.
 The whole 5 days I prayed that something, any thing was happening

CD 17-3rd and final Baseline Scan
     3 days after the last baseline DW gave me an early x mas present. It was a beautiful star necklace, I wore it hoping it would be our good luck charm. The day of our 3rd baseline scan I set my self up for failure. I told myself and DW that this would not be our month to start and we would again have to wait. In comes the Dr ( the one I like this time) and we get to it. She looks at my right ovary which is easier to find and doesn't see any thing ( strike 1). So she moves onto my left and hidden ovary, she searches for about 5 mins to find it and BAM there it is. She measures and says that it looks really good. At this point she did not say how big it was but only asked if I brought my trigger shot with me. Really?! I tell her yes and then she asks " Can you pick up your sperm today or tomorrow? We are going to schedule your IUI for tomorrow. What?! Really?! Holy crap! DW gets her phone out ad stumbles to find the phone number to the Sperm Bank. The Dr leaves and says to meet her in the hall way. I call the Sperm Bank and set an apt to pick up our sperm the next morning. I also find out the follie was 27 almost 28mm.

No comments:

Post a Comment