Sunday, August 29, 2010

8 dpIUI

Today was a ball of emotions wrapped up in wrapping called Sunday. C and I woke up and contemplated getting breakfast. Nixed that when C decided she wanted to go to the Flea Market. She called SIL, MIL, FIL BIL and other SIL to see if they wanted to go. So off we trail like one big happy family ( which we are most of the time). I told C " I don't usually eat at the flea market but i sure am looking forward to a corn dog!"

A few hours into the trip I obtain my ever sought after corn dog ( and some fries!) and was happy. C and I decided it was time to leave but not before buying some MORE Salt and Lemon Pistachio's. Let me tell you people these things are delicious, therefor I can look past the fact that they are covered in salt.

This morning I called my Mom to tell her about the shooting vagina pain (O the things this women knows about me know, I mean I know she's my mom and all but NEVER did I think I would consult her as to what to do about shooting vagina pain) She said I should call the DR and see what they say, mom's know best.

 So that I did.


 Let me tell you fellow IF'ers, never and I repeat NEVER call your OB department with questions regarding IF stuff ( REI clinic was closed in my defense or I never would have called). After explaining that I was 9dpo and 8dpIUI, (which the acronym IUI baffled them and I was asked if I meant IUD) The advise nurse has no idea was progesterone supps. were and told me to call RE tomorrow. She added in for good measure that if the pain got worse to call them back and I thought " so you mean if the pain gets worse, call you so you can tell me your not sure what it is and to take medicine that may or may not cause harm to the possible embryo growing inside me?!" I. THINK. NOT! (Logically, I know that the last part wouldn't happen but I was pissed!)

So, I have found out that when the pain happens, if I can, I should lay down. It seems to help a bit. I also think that the supps. are causing all the cramping =(

1 comment:

  1. I have to say that I am flabbergasted that an OB nurse wouldn't know what an IUI or prog supps are...seriously? And oh, man do I miss farmers markets!

    ReplyDelete